This story is for all of you that wrote to me after reading "Chances" (and for everyone else too :P) and told me that you liked it but you wanted something a little more realistic, and that wouldn't stop Miss Parker from pursuing the best bit -- The Chase. Anyway this was why I wrote this. No commitment, no change, just a touch of steam *grin*. All characters are the property of NBC etc. You know how it goes, and as always, I'd love any comments . A Few Reasons Why... By Nirvana Kliese Miss Parker ran close behind Jarod as he searched for a way to escape. He looked around the rooftop frantically, desperate to find something other than a dead end. She knew he couldn't get away this time. There was no way out. Even for a genius. He changed course and ran towards what looked like an escape route. She was confident as she ran behind him though. She knew this time she'd win. The sweeper team wasn't here. She'd gone alone this time. She knew she could handle it. Finally she had Jarod right where she wanted him. Jarod ran into the closed in area and cursed. He had been sure this was a way out. He bent over for a moment, desperate to catch his breath.His heart still beat in his ears from running, and his face stung from the crisp winter air. He heard the sound of her walking towards him slowly. He stood up straight and shrugged. "You got me." He said, raising his hands in surrender, letting her enjoy her control. "What now?" He asked calmly. She pointed her gun at him, smug at her catch. "Now," She began menacingly. "I can do anything. I can shoot you." She taunted, milking all the pride possible out of her achievement. Jarod shook his head at her, ignoring her threat and stepping slightly closer. "You'd never shoot me." He stated matter of factly. Knowing the truth of what he said. She raised her eyebrows at him, almost frightened by his confidence. "What makes you so sure?" He stepped closer to her, ignoring the loaded gun barrel. He stood inches in front of her. She could feel the fiery electricity between them, a contrast to the coldness of the wind. She felt her breathing quicken at his sudden closeness and her spine began to tingle with unexplained excitement as she felt his hot breath caress her skin. "This." He whispered after a moment of blissful eternity. He bridged the gap between them as he drew her to him, covering her mouth with his own. His strong arms encircled her, throwing her mind into a sudden confliction of anger and yearning. She fought for a moment, her two sides conflicting, before surrendering to his passionate embrace. She relaxed against him, all her senses stimulated at the overwhelming intensity of their passionate encounter. She had been unsure of how she felt about him, anger and confusion fueling her previous search. But that was all forgotten now. For this moment in time everything was forgotten. How she felt before didn't matter anymore. It was how she felt now that drove her. She let her strong veneer drop for a moment as she kissed him again. The gun she was previously aiming at him fell to the floor. He pulled her closer to him, forgetting their situation, and how this all started. One moment he had been running from her, driven by fear, the next he had been unable to hide his passion for her. He slid his tongue inside her mouth, exploring the very essence of her, enjoying her feel, be it for this moment. She respond with a soft moan of pleasure, pulling herself to him, feeling the strength of his body as she relaxed into his arms. He pulled back for a moment to catch his breath as she began to kiss along his strong jawline, making her way toward the tender flesh of his earlobe. She was losing her self even more by the minute, but didn't want to be found. "Anymore reasons?" She whispered softly. Grasping his earlobe between her teeth and sucking softly. He lost control of his senses as the passion consumed him. "Well," he replied breathlessly. "There's this." He kissed her again, as he slipped his hand under her jacket, seeking exposed flesh. She gasped out of surprise at his move, his cool hands driving her deeper into a contrasting pleasure. He slid his hands under her blouse, encountering the smooth skin of her lower back. His hands began to wander as he continued to kiss her. She moaned pleasurably, at his obvious desire. "Umm..." She mumbled between kisses. "Not a good enough reason." She teased. "Really?" He asked, barely registering their conversation. "Nope." She took his bottom lip between her teeth and nibbled gently. "But I got one...." She kissed him deeply, almost forgetting her comment. "You do?" He asked breathlessly. "Yeah, it goes like this." She grasped at the knot of his tie, loosening it frantically as she pulled his shirt open, planting steaming kisses down his strong torso. He gasped with pleasure, letting his head fall back, willing this moment to never end. She moved back up his chest, seeking his lips. He embraced her waiting lips with his own. Finally he pulled back enough to look at her. They both struggled to think straight as they fought to control their ragged breathing. Finally the whole situation came back to them. The memory of what had just happened. He took a deep breath to center himself and he closed his eyes for a moment. "Well that's your reasons." He whispered smiling softly. "Good ones." She replied. She didn't move though, and neither did he. They just stood there together, feeling eachothers chests rise and fall, lost in the warmth of eachothers skin. Finally Jarod pulled away and began to rebutton his shirt. Returning to the present she did the same. He picked up his briefcase and passed her her loaded gun back. He knew it wasn't a threat to him. He smiled at her and nodded as he turned to walk off. She smiled back softly as he disappeared around the corner and out of sight. She frowned and shook her head squeezing the gun in her hand. A few moments passed before one of her men raced around the corner, his gun poised. He lowered it when he saw her, pure shock engulfing him when he saw she was alone. "Miss, Miss Parker," he stutter nervously. "Where's Jarod?" She chuckled as she answered. "He got away." The mans eyebrows shot up. "But you said you had him? How?" She grinned half lost in thought. "Oh there was a very good reason." She ran her fingers through her hair with a smile. "But now," She turned to the man and raised her gun. "I'm even more determined to catch him." The end :) :) till next time *evil grin*